Payment Options

Payment Plans

We offer payment plans for all legal services

  • Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly

Payment Plans Available



" I would absolutely recommend this law office. Jessie treated us personally through the whole process and kept us up to date with every detail. "

– Adrian Laveaga

Read More Client Reviews

Free Case Evaluation!

Available on Weekends


View All Locations

Provisional Unlawful Presence

Are you eligible to file
the I-601A form?

Adjustment of Status Lawyer - North Texas

Adjust to Legal Permanent Residence Status

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) permits the change of an individual's immigration status while in the United States from nonimmigrant or parolee (temporary) to immigrant (permanent) if the individual was inspected and admitted or paroled into the United States and is able to meet all required qualifications for a green card (permanent residence) in a particular category. The common term for a change to permanent status is "adjustment of status".

Eligibility for Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of status eligibility is based on being in one of several different immigration categories. In most of the cases approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the applicant submits his or her petition on a family-based visa in one of the following:

  • in the immediate relative visa category, or
  • with one of the family preference visas, or
  • on an employment-based visa

In each case, the petitioner must be sponsored, either by a permanent resident or U.S. citizen relative or by the prospective or current employer. For employment-based visas it is often necessary for the employer to first obtain labor certification to ensure that the hiring of foreign nationals will not deprive local workers of jobs or depress local wages. In addition to family-based and employment-based immigrant applications, adjustment of status is also available for other special classes of immigrants including asylum seekers.

Free Case Evaluation!

How a Richardson Immigration Attorney Can Help

Adjustment of status offers the major advantage of not requiring the applicant to return to his or her country of origin, thus saving the individual the expense and inconvenience of travel. You can expedite the process and avoid mistakes which could result in delays or denial of your petition by working with a Wylie, Texas immigration attorney from the Law Office of Jessie M. Thomas. We can assist you with preparing your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residency or Adjust Status, as well as preparing you for your interview and helping you with resolving any complications which might arise along the way. Get Started Today!

For more information on adjusting to permanent residence status, or to schedule an appointment to review your specific case, please contact Dallas Fort Worth immigration attorney Jessie M. Thomas.

We serve the immigration law needs of individuals throughout Texas and the DFW Metroplex, including Dallas, Richardson, Plano, Garland, Mesquite, McKinney, Wylie, Irving, Bedford, Euless, Arlington, Hurst, Allen, Flower Mound, Carrollton, Lewisville, Keller, Grand Prairie, North Richland Hills, Fort Worth, Denton, Lubbock, Sherman, and Amarillo.

we handle these immigration services image
American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) 2016 Member image
Jessie M. Thomas Jessie M. Thomas, Esq.
Founder and Managing Attorney
Follow Us
10 Best Immigration Attorneys Texas Client Satisfaction
Contact Us


Payment Options
PayPal Acceptance Mark

Payment Plans Available